Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gentleman's Companion - Day 6 - New Orleans Fizz

by Fredo

Tonight, I am capping off the weekend with a NEW ORLEANS FIZZ No. I, with old Tom gin and Kirschwasser*. This cocktail is a cousin of the Ramos Gin Fizz (which I will be drinking in a week or so)with a slight bouquet of cherries.

NEW ORLEANS FIZZ
1 1/2 jiggers (2 oz) of gin (I used Hayman's Old Tom Gin)
1 pony of thick cream (I used heavy cream)
The white of one egg
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 1/2 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of kirsch (I used Hiram Walker)
Splash of club soda

Combine in Shaker over cracked ice, and strain into goblet (I used a chilled high ball glass)and top off with club soda.

*Kirschwasser is a German cherry brandy made from fermented black cherries and distilled in wood containers.

3 comments:

  1. but, but.....now that you got to one i'd adore to try - where can a girl procure one of these particular concoctions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies, for omitting the "where to get it" section of my post. To get an excellent New Orleans Fizz, try Flatiron Lounge in NY or the Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well - just in case you wondered - i finally made it to the Flatiron and the bartender was super impressed at my order - he expertly shook every part and it was positively dreamy - cherry flavored foam....thank you :)

    x

    ReplyDelete