Friday, March 18, 2011

The Bloody Caesar on UMAMIMART

Bloody Caesar M.Wells Style
My stint as guest drinks writer for UMAMIMART food blog continues for the month of March. This week I sing the praises of the long neglected  Bloody Caesar!


"When selecting a mid-March cocktail for this article, I was tempted to go the easy route with a St. Patrick’s Day whiskey drink. Then this weekend, I had the fortune to dine at Magasin Wells (aka M.Wells), the critically acclaimed Québécois-American diner in Long Island City, Queens.
M.Wells’ haute comfort food menu and greasy spoon aesthetic were beyond sublime. However, they merit their own article devoted to what I can only describe as veritable cibo matto. Whelks in garlic and butter sauce for breakfast? Yes, ma’am! Now, the featured brunch cocktail, The Bloody Caesar, is right up my alley for the Ides of March!"


Read the rest of the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment